This was an eBusiness redesign and development project.
Our client is a major firm in the travel industry. Redesign of their existing e-Business presence was critical to their on-going profitability. It affects their ability to reduce costs, increase market share and, directly impacts their operational flexibility.
The e-business presence, which includes a revamped website, was developed using a component based service architecture. This enables various components to be exposed through services, to other elements in the supply chain.
Our consultants were team members working on various functions such as:
- Content internationalization
- Content management, where content is provided based on location using domain and user selection of a specific country. The content is exposed through services and can be made available in multiple formats.
- Past transactions of users based on open-travel Industry standards.
- Auto-enrollment of users.
- Searching by schedule, price, and rewards.
- Vacation search including implementation of fuzzy logic.
- Final review steps in the booking process.
- User information like an address change, etc.
- Results caching
- Implemented a caching algorithm to enable high-speed data access by storing part of the database in memory.
Some of the technologies used were Java, XML, STRUTS, J2EE, Custom Tags, Vignette, XSD, JSP, JAXB, Oracle. All of the development was done with a test-driven development approach using JUnit.