Our client runs an apparel eCommerce site. Great visual content and excellent service equal a great shopping experience.
Fashionara is a venture based start-up in the retail apparel industry. It’s founders are industry veterans and its investors include some leading Silicon Valley based venture capital firms.
Key features of the site for consumers include:
- Instant and easy shopping with simple checkout options.
- Easy and free merchandise returns.
- A GeoTarget delivery option that offers quicker delivery in certain areas.
- Merchandise selection filters based on type, price, size etc.
- A ‘Lookbook’ feature where you can actually shop the look created by an in-house fashion team.
- The ability to see clothes being modeled in a video catalog.
- Magento, Magento extensions, PHP
- Amazon Web Services
- Rest API, shipping API, payment gateway.
- An optimized algorithm to speed-up shopping.
The client has adopted a hybrid model for the development of their technology infrastructure consisting of an eCommerce engine integrated with CRM and Logistics/Delivery components. Their strategy is to leverage a selected partner to augment their own in-house technical resources. Our staff was instrumental in getting this site into a production meeting a very aggressive timeline. We have a lot of experience in a high energy, short time table environments that are typical of startups.