What is the cloud?
The word 'cloud' is simply a metaphor for the internet. In traditional or non-cloud computing all data and programs are run and accessed from a hard drive on a local computer or on other computers in a local network. Cloud computing means storing and accessing data and programs over the internet instead of on your computer's hard drive or on your local area network.
Benefits of cloud computing
- Cost savings
- Cloud computing delivers a better cash flow by eliminating the capital expense associated with building a server infrastructure.
- Since cloud computing uses less physical resources and less on-premise software, there is less hardware to power and maintain.
- Less hardware and software also means less IT staff needed.
- Reduced spending on physical equipment and on-premise software translates to lower hardware and software maintenance fees and upgrade costs.
- Better operational efficiency
- Utilizing standardized services can significantly improve operating quality with a reduction in software issues and defects.
- Accessing applications via a web browser is easy and fast to set up.
- Cloud technologies provide anywhere, anytime access to business information functions.
- Improved collaboration
- Corporate resources can be virtualized, enabling individuals to access the people or documents they need regardless of location or device.
- Cloud computing allows outsourced and remote employees to share files, collaborate on projects and maintain close contact improving the overall effectiveness of the organization.
- Better disaster preparedness and business continuity
- In cloud computing, large amounts of data storage and file backups are stored on offsite servers.
- With a technical failure or other problem at the business site, all valuable data is still accessible.
Since company data and software doesn't need to be maintained on-premise, employees can work and provide services wherever there's an internet connection.
We can help you move to the cloud :
- Assist in developing a cloud strategy & roadmap for your business.
- Help identify the optimal cloud management platform for your needs.
- Implement and deploy cloud-based technologies.
- Migrate your existing applications and data to a cloud environment.
- Develop custom cloud-based applications to improve your business operations.